Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, July 27, 2018

Pudding Pops Time

  I came across this recipe recently and I had to give it a try. I have a vague happy memory of eating pudding pops at one of our church elder's homes while visiting. I'm sure I had them at some other times as well but I think that might have been the first time I ever tried them.

When I saw this recipe, I was sure I had to give it a try. So I did. I got a bite off the first one because I was too full from my dinner that night. And then they were gone. Chick would have happily cleaned out the entire batch on her own but Dude gave her some help. When she grabbed the last one, she declared sadly that there weren't any more.

I did remind her that I had the recipe. But I didn't make anymore just yet. Our refrigerator had just died and we had a 3 1/2 day wait until the new one was delivered. Trust me, that's a whole 'nother story for a whole 'nother post. So she had to wait for more.

Suffice to say, however, that these were a hit. Doesn't hurt in the least that they are real food and good for you too. Win, win!

I imagine you could substitute something for the coconut milk. It's probably just a matter of googling subs. I just haven't yet. The original recipe is here. Now go get you some pudding pops made!



Paleo Pudding Pops

1 can full-fat, unsweetened canned coconut milk

1 tsp pure vanilla extract

2 TBSP honey or pure maple syrup

2 TBSP cocoa powder

1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (Note: you could eliminate these, and the popsicles still taste great, they just aren’t as chocolatey)


Melt the chocolate chips into the coconut milk in a small saucepan over low heat (or if you’re not using the chips, you can just mix all the ingredients together). You don’t need the mixture to get hot, just warm enough to melt the chocolate chips. Stir in the remaining ingredients and cool for about 15 minutes, then pour into popsicle molds and freeze until hard.

No comments: