Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, September 16, 2022

It's that time of year...

 Canning season is in full force now as gardens start to wind down for the summer. Our house is no exception.


Probably surprising given the number of apples we have every year, but this year was my first attempt at canning apple juice.


It turned out pretty well.


With the overabundance of our cucumbers, I also gave relish a try this year. This is actually the second recipe I tried. I think I like this recipe better than the previous one.


This year was also the first time I had tried a few jellies. We don't eat jelly. As a result, I have not really ever been too concerned with making it. I have used my bread machine (most have a jam/jelly setting) to make strawberry jam for Rugrat many years ago and, more recently, a a half-pint of grape jelly to use up leftover grape juice from when we had to worship at home. 

After joining a canning group on facebook though, I wanted to make a small batch of these for someone else since I had never heard of this kind before.

 
They're so pretty I almost wish I did eat jelly. 

It was the second time I made a unique jelly for someone else this year.

Not sure what's up next but I sure love seeing all those jars of preserves sitting in my pantry waiting for winter.


No comments: