Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Sq...sq...squish it good!



Well, I decided to go ahead and join the quilt square swap on our LID group at Yahoo. It's fun but a lot of work at first to get all the squares cut just so. Each one got an 8x8 square and a 2x2 square. The little one was for the memory book and goes with the wish. Then I made the wishes. Of course, I couldn't just write any old thing down. I had to make up a corny little poem that, while true, does sound a little more like something in a Hallmark card than it probably should. Then you have to put it all together in an envelope and send one to everybody. The list is currently at 20 people without me and a few of them asked for 2 squares rather than 1. So you see what I mean about the work at the beginning.

I think it's funny that they call them 'squishes' -- the words square and wish combined. Until you know that though, reading some of the posts can make you think these people have lost their minds. Who goes around asking for 'squishes'? Anyway, I thought you might like to see my 'squishes' so I took a picture of one for you all.


But don't worry. I'm still planning on sending out requests for squishes from family and friends too. So you'll get your chance to make a squish.

No comments: