Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Wonderful Weekend Workshop

Update:
I'm in the picture on his page ( at least the back of my head). I'm about four pews from the front in a brown shirt sitting next to a gray-haired lady in a black blouse. hey hey! Notoriety!


Sorry for the alliteration but we had the greatest weekend! Keith Lancaster (founder of the group Acappella amongst a multitude of other accomplishments) came to our congregation for a Singing Workshop and it was AWESOME! We had a two hour session Saturday night and then again for Sunday school. Sunday night we had an extended service and spent an hour and a half just singing and learning.

At one point tonight, I actually got chills on the backs of my calves. We sounded so much like what I imagine Heaven will some day. Just the singing alone was such a wonderful worship. I wish we could keep him.

I had the opportunity to play a special part. The secretary had asked me to be the table volunteer (helping with their traveling ‘store’ of the materials we were learning from). Because his wife, Sharon, had come with him, I was helping her at the table and able to visit with her. She has the sweetest disposition. It was worth helping just to visit with her and once we joined the rest of the congregation at both worship times, we sat together. So I also got to enjoy singing with and listening to her beautiful soprano.

We did luck out in one thing. Apparently Keith fell in love with our she-crab soup, so now we have something with which to lure him back.

I hope your weekend was just as great. And if you ever get the opportunity to attend one of these workshops, I highly recommend it.



No comments: