Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday's Meal

Or maybe Thursday's breakfast if you want something easy that will hold everyone over until lunchtime. You'll need some biscuit baking mix (like Bisquick) on hand. You can make some of your own if you don't keep it. I don't. I usually just half the recipe or quarter depending on how much it makes.

I've been making this coffee cake for over a decade now. I believe I got it from the box of another brand of baking mix that isn't readily available anymore. You could probably also mix up some plain muffin batter and just use the topping but I haven't tried that before.

Coffee Cake

2 cups baking mix
3 tablespoons sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine

Mix together. Pour into greased pan (square, round, or bundt). Mix together in a small bowl the following:

1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking mix
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons soft butter or margarine
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Sprinkle topping over prepared batter. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve warm.


Home Made Baking Mix

4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/8 cup baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
3/4 cup shortening
1/2 to 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)

Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Ad sugar; mix well. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Store in airtight container in refrigerator until needed. May be used in biscuits, muffins, and many other quick breads by adding milk required in desired recipe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just started purchasing garments for my babies on
the internet approximately a year ago and its saved my family a
great deal money, my personal most significant worry was about clothes fitting correctly but if you locate a online store with a good returns policy you definitely shouldn't have any problems

My web blog - Albertha