Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, November 20, 2009

Thanksgiving Program Props


Once I moved out of my parent's house, I didn't think I'd have to buy fishing lures again for myself. Not because I wouldn't necessarily go fishing, but because I don't generally fish for things that need rubbery, slimy worms to capture.

But yet, these have been sitting on my counter for a week.

And they will be used today. But not for fishing.

My children's school always celebrates Thanksgiving. And they particularly like the first Thanksgiving. Today my son will be a Pilgrim surgeon. I sewed him up a butcher's apron (that type apron - not to imply anything about surgeons) that will be worn over his black pants and white shirt. They will be doing the same long poem the Chick did in that class. This is what I put together for her performance that year.

Unfortunately, the Dude didn't wear his to school so I couldn't get a picture of him. But you've already seen one of his props.

He debated between pliers (as in for pulling teeth) and this...

A jar full of leaches. Yes, that's what its supposed to be. I even attempted to hot glue one to the inside so it would look to be crawling up the side. But the slimy little suckers wouldn't stick. And that's after being washed with Dawn. So instead he just has his jar with a pile of leaches in the bottom.

Can you say "ewwww"?