Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Time Warp

Yesterday, I was cleaning out a bookshelf that badly needed to be cleaned out and found these.

Yes. Those actually are single records. I got them all as a teenager. I think they usually ran about 79 cents to 1.29.

What is particularly funny is that on the way back from the Ladies Retreat, we stopped for a restroom break and the song "Venus" was playing on the restaurants speakers. I commented on how much I used to like that song and even that I should download it for my MP3.

I also found this:

Rocky was pretty happy to get his squeaky little friend back.

Then, last night, I sat down with the tv (Hubby was gone on a business trip) and found myself watching "Sixteen Candles." I used to love that movie. I SO identified with Samantha -- except, of course, that I wasn't quite as snappy a dresser.

It occurred to me that I seemed to be infected with the '80's that day. Pulling up a few memories. Making me want to drink Mountain Dew and eat a WhatChaMaCallIt (do they even still make those?).

I better watch out I guess. I may end up wearing heels with socks and big hair by the end of the day. Or wings, as we used to call them.

The bigger the better, Bab-ee!

No comments: