Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday's Menu

I love love love this stuff:


I can eat an entire box by myself in a couple of tries. I am not AT ALL a salad person but this stuff is really good and I love it. And I usually do get to eat it all myself because neither of my children even touch it and Hubby, well, he'll get a little spoon of it but that's all he wants. It's not his thing at all.

So I was very frustrated when I tried to find a recipe to make it at home. Every one I saw said to use bottled Italian dressing. If I'm going to buy that, I might as well buy the box and make it in a version I know I'll like, right? But then I found another recipe that I thought might be it and was planning to share it with you.

Until I made it. UGH!

The cup of sugar should have clued me in, I guess. It was gross. In fact, I will probably throw the entire pound of pasta drenched in this mess away. I hate to waste like that but I can't honestly think of a way to do something with it that wouldn't mess with the flavor of whatever I make. I might try washing the pasta off. I don't know. Can't think of it now. That taste comes back to me.

So instead, I will share with you something I saw someone at my Life Group do that was really good. And I seriously don't think you could make this any easier. I hope she doesn't mind that I'm telling (she occasionally reads my blog) but, if so, I apologize in advance.

While this isn't necessarily a recipe per se, it was something I've never thought to try doing so hopefully there is at least one other clueless person out there who will appreciate this. And for everyone else, I plan (being the operative word now) to do better next week.

Oh, and if anyone out there knows how to make that kind of pasta salad from scratch, please take me out of my misery. Thank you.

Easy Nachos

Spread white corn tortilla chips on a cookie sheet (preferably with sides). Sprinkle with seasoned ground beef (like taco seasoning). Layer with shredded cheese (I would think colby jack would be good or a mexican blend however I imagine cheddar would be fine). Bake in the oven at 350 degrees until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.

No comments: