Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer Trip 4

We spent the last part of our trip at Lake Quachita playing aboard my mom's recently acquired party barge...

Mr. John was the captain but it changed around a lot too. The Dude got to be the captain...

And there were others who gave it a try too...

Sometimes there was no captain at all...

Honestly, I'm not sure why my family feels compelled to make everything a Coca-Cola commercial. Last summer it was the Chick on the jet ski.

This year it's my Mom. We may have to look into this strange obsession.

The Chick is also completely obsessed with Jet Skis. She wants to be on them all the time and she's not usually content to be riding either. She wants to drive. We'll be working on getting that whole license thing going this next week so hopefully some of her obsession will fade.

When she couldn't be driving one, she had to be on it. I'm telling you, she was obsessed.


Our last morning, we visited the little town of Mount Ida. When I realized they had not one, but two thrift stores there, I knew I could live there. What's more, it's a small enough town that even their thrift store prices were better too.

It was a fun way to end the trip. A few hours after this picture, we piled in the car and headed home -- wishing all the way that we were just a little closer.

No comments: