Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Symbolism Test

I don't know if you've ever taken it but this is a fun test to do. Recently, a radio show I was listening to made me think of this symbolism test. I knew I had kept a copy of it but I had to look for it. I thought you guys might like to try taking it too.

It was initially given to me (and my class) in Creative Writing by a teacher that I liked very much. I never really fit in with my peers (even now I don't really) but after getting the answers, I felt much better about myself --- like I was more grounded, for lack of a better word, than most of the teens I knew or something, which explained why I didn't fit in as much too.

I'll give you the questions today and explain your answers as well as share some of mine tomorrow. Make sure you write down specifics. Have fun.

Symbolism Test

Answer honestly. It is more fun if you include reasons and specifics in your answers.

1. Do you like trees?

2. Do you like to be surrounded by trees?

3. Do you like water?

4. Do you like to be surrounded by water?

5. Imagine you are walking on a path in the woods. Seeing this path, describe it as fully as possible.

6. Can you see a key on this path?

7. Whether or not you saw a key, imagine now that you did. What did you do upon finding the key?

8. You continue walking down the path. You now see a cup or glass on the path. Describe the cup as fully as possible.

9. What did you do with the cup?

10. You see a bear on your path (any kind of bear). Please describe the bear as fully as possible.

11. What do you do upon seeing the bear?

12. You are now coming out of the woods. You see a fence. Please describe the fence as fully as possible.

13. What do you do about the fence? What do you do upon seeing it?

14. Please describe as fully as possible what you see on the other side of the fence. Include as many details as possible.

No comments: