Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Mentors

Our summer ladies class has been having some older women come in to tell us about themselves and their lives. The organizer wanted to help make that connection that seems to gap sometimes between generations. I think the women truly enjoyed it and our speakers, though nervous, seemed to enjoy it too.

I have said for many years that I feel you always need someone to be your mentor and someone for you to mentor. It has never bothered me to attend a class that is full of either older or younger ladies. In fact, it usually bothers me more to attend one with my own peer group. I never feel like I can learn anything from people who are stuck exactly in the situation I am in. And I never feel like I contribute anything because all I would say is exactly the same thing that's already been said.

But, when I'm going through something, I want someone who's already been there. And brought home the t-shirt. And if I know how to help someone who is going through something I've got a t-shirt for, I want to be there for them. I think that's the nice thing about blogging too. Everyone has something to offer, whether its a skill or experience or just even encouragement.

I'm really grateful for all the friends who read here every week. They all hold a special place in my heart. And the encouragement they offer in their feedback and hugs and comments is priceless to me. It keeps me going on this grand journey we all experience. Thank you for being my mentors, and, in some things, allowing me to be yours.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Aw, thanks, Shelia. And thanks for being a mentor to me. You didn't volunteer for the position (it was kind of thrust on you:)), but I'm glad you accepted it!

Ann said...

thinking of you...and praying for you too!