Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, September 6, 2010

Monday's Menu

A couple weeks ago, I was able to get some feta cheese on sale with a coupon. It worked out to just over 50 cents a 4 ounce package. It was such a great deal that I decided to go for it and get the feta cheese. I found this recipe using feta at one of my favorite sites. My family absolutely adored it... especially my children.

Honestly, I wasn't crazy about it but it wasn't because of the taste. It was very thick and creamy (cream as in dairy type cream but also creamy in texture too) and I don't really deal with that cream type texture well. So even though they all ate it like starved people, I had a serving, agreed that it tasted good, and was done.

An aside: I think texture has a lot to do with my food tastes. Mushrooms, for instance, gross me out. Just handling them -- at least from a can -- is disgusting. I don't mind them near so much when they are fresh and dry. And they don't bother me if they are chopped smallish and mixed into things. It's the texture that I associate with them. If you make me handle wet bread, I will gag in front of you. Just typing that made me gag. Strawberries, coconut, all of it -- I think my dislike began with the texture. So there you have it. Another weirdo quirk of mine. Now then, back to it.

Many of the comments on this recipe led me to believe that it didn't make enough sauce so I doubled the sauce part (as below) and ended up with some leftover that I had to cook pasta for. So you may have to play it by ear on the pasta. I hope you enjoy this one too.

Feta Shrimp Pasta

1 16-oz. pkg angel hair pasta
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
2 Tablespoons diced onion
2 4-oz. pkgs. crumbled feta cheese
1 lb. frozen cooked shrimp

Cook pasta according to directions. Drain. Set aside in large serving bowl.

Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender. Stir in feta cheese and shrimp mixing well. Sauce is ready once shrimp is warmed through and feta has blended with/melted into other juices and is smooth (about a minute or two). Toss with pasta and serve.

No comments: