Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday's Menu

I have heard of doing this more than once over the years but had never tried it until yesterday. Hubby had said that he would like marinated grilled chicken breasts for his Father's Day lunch. But he wouldn't say what kind of marinade -- actually he didn't really know; he just knew he wanted it to be flavorful and tender.

I have heard of marinating in Italian dressing before but never tried it because I didn't think we'd care for the taste of the dressing on our chicken. I knew I had chicken nuggets in the freezer though so I figured it couldn't hurt to give it a try. And if they didn't like it, a few nuggets in the microwave would make them just as happy.

We haven't gotten a new grill yet from moving so I had to do them two at a time on my little knockoff George Foreman electric grill. As they were cooking, all three of them came over at one point to comment on how good it smelled. When given the taste test, they were just tender and juicy. You couldn't taste Italian dressing at all.

Thinking about it, that makes sense. Italian dressing is pretty much oil and vinegar with a few spices thrown in for variation. I had initially thought I might just marinate them in olive oil and a few spices so the Italian dressing just took out the decision making about which spices. I had been trying to decide between mixing in some vinegar or lemon juice too. Voila. Italian dressing.

I know this has been around forever. I just never tried it because of what I thought it would be like. I guess that was a mistake because it has definitely been added to the mix now.

Marinated Chicken Breasts


Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Kraft (or other brand) Zesty Italian dressing to cover

Marinate breasts in dressing for minimum one hour in zipper bag or bowl with lid in refrigerator.
Grill or bake until done (internal temperature of at least 165 degrees).

No comments: