Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, June 25, 2012

Monday's Menu

I found this week's recipe in my most recent copy of All You magazine. Sweet and Sour Chicken was the first Chinese food I ever tried at a franchise called Go Go China. That was what started my addiction.

Until now, I have always purchased bottled sweet and sour sauce. I had no clue how to make it. But this actually is quite good. And at least comparable, if not better, than the bottled stuff.

I intend to make it part of my regular rotation.


Sweet and Sour Chicken

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken, cooked and cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup ketchup
2 Tablespoons white vinegar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
2 Tablespoons water
1 1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 8-oz can pineapple chunks in juice, drained with juice reserved (or I used about 1/3 cup juice, no chunks)

Whisk together ketchup, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and water in medium saucepan and cook over medium heat. Whisk together reserved juice and cornstarch, then add to saucepan, slowly simmering. Stir constantly until slightly thickened (about 2 minutes).

Mix in pineapple and chicken, coating chicken pieces well. Cook until heated through. Serve over rice.

No comments: