Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, June 15, 2012

What's Up

The summer fun here never stops.

Hubby was out of town all week and made it back yesterday afternoon. Although it was a short trip comparatively, it seemed longer to me. When he left, he had been battling a bug of some sort for about a week and a half. It mainly consisted of fever including alternating chills and sweating. He was on the mend when he left but we weren't sure yet at that point so I was afraid he'd be sitting in a hotel room several states away feeling awful the whole time. And I battled with that worry some.

I don't ever really sleep much when he is gone. In my case, that's particularly bad because I am one of those people who need more than 8 hours and always have. My mother has said she didn't know she had a baby until I was 6 months old because I slept the whole time. So needing at least 8 and more and getting 3 really doesn't make me a terribly nice person. Or, at the very least, all there.

Chick took pity on me mid-trip and slept downstairs too which helped me relax some. Having another set of ears downstairs (not to mention a {mostly} adult-type person) makes a difference.

Dude will be getting ready to head off to Scout camp this next week. He always seems to enjoy camp and it's easier to send him now that he's a little older.

However, as Hubby put it, Father's Day gets no respect! His troop leaves at 9:00 am on Sunday. So we'll be celebrating Father's Day tomorrow.

(It is actually interesting that Father's Day seems to get no respect. Every year, there are teen events that start on that day. Camps either start or end on that day a lot too. What's up with that?!?)


No comments: