Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, January 23, 2017

Monday's Menu (again!)

I just realized that this recipe is one I didn't have listed. It is a VERY simple recipe and also VERY quick but it is quite yummy.  And all of us like it -- score one for me.

I don't remember what site I got it from but I'll link it up if I find it again. 

I like to make my own barbecue sauce but I keep a bottle of organic barbecue sauce in the pantry for convenience when I don't have time. 

I hope you enjoy it!

Monterey Chicken

chicken pieces ( I used boneless skinless chicken breast tenders)
barbecue sauce (either bottled or home made)
bacon, cooked and broken into pieces
shredded monterey jack cheese (or cheddar, if desired)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a large dish. Sear chicken in hot skillet on each side then place into baking dish. Drizzle barbecue sauce over each piece of chicken. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from oven and sprinkle bacon and then cheese on top of each slice. Return to oven for 10 minutes until cheese is melted. 

No comments: