Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Orange Leaf

 Tuesday marked the end of a part of my life in Oklahoma. Pretty much since we moved here, I have worked a "mom job" at Orange Leaf in Mustang. It sold to a new owner in June and I had told them I would stay throughout the summer and train a new cake decorator.


I knew from our last homeschool year that I needed to devote more time to it. The cake part of the business had picked up a lot and it required too much of my time. I had made it through that year though because I knew they would be closing so I figured I could stick it out until then. 

I was happy when the business sold (as opposed to closing down) but my boss had asked what she should tell them as far as I was concerned. Since we don't do school over the summer, I figured I could go until school started up again.


And so, yesterday was my last day. We are on our third week of school but it took a few training sessions to go through everything the new owner needed to know.


I didn't realize the extra layer of stress that being responsible for that part of the business had added...

until I got back home last night after a final training session and realized I no longer had to worry about making a trip up there to check on the inventory or decorate a cake or make an order. 

And, hopefully, I won't be worried about making time to do the things I want to do with Rugrat for school now either.

I'm really looking forward to this new school year in a whole new way now.

No comments: