Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

What's Growin' Wednesday

 I guess having about 40 lbs. removed from their vines made my watermelon plant pretty happy. I noticed two more growing on the ground shortly after. 

Two more watermelons sounded good. Hey hey!



Then I noticed two hanging from vines that had traveled along the top of our fence. Hubby unraveled one and lay it on the ground with the two others. When I asked if he had done the second one, he said he didn't realize there were two hanging. So I went out to unravel the other and lay it on the ground.

But I saw four already laying on the ground. 


Wait a minute. The other hanging one had been at the opposite end of the others. Hmm. A little investigating and I found her. So I unraveled it and lay it on the ground.


 One had been hiding from me with the first two I saw growing. So I didn't see it until it got a little bigger. So, yes, if you are counting, I now have five more watermelons in the works.

Possibly six. When I was weeding, I thought I might cut off a vine that was just stretching out into nowhere it seemed. When I lifted it, I saw one about the size of a jawbreaker at its end. I'm not counting on it yet though because the vine made a crunching noise when I lifted it so I may have broken it. 

I think we'll be okay though.

What on earth will I do with five watermelons? (Shaking my head in wonder)





No comments: