Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, August 25, 2022

Apple Picking

 Hubby and I picked the apples off of our Granny Smith last night. Even with the drought and heat this summer it still made a lot of apples. 



Not nearly as many as usual though. Not even close. And they weren't as pretty or large as they usually are either. The weather definitely hit hard this year.

Honestly, though, it would have been fine if the tree had taken a year off. I still have about 40 jars of applesauce and apple pie filling from last year so I think we're good for now. Just thinking about trying to put up all of those makes me want to run fast in the other direction.

I'm guessing that my mom's horses will end up getting the majority of them. Ones that I don't find someone else to pawn them off on. lol

And Hubby's been pruning the tree some so we may not have very many next year either. Again, that's fine. That little tree does more than its share of apple making. It deserves a little break. :)

No comments: