Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It's All About the LID

For those of you who don't know, an LID is a log in date. It is a major step in the process of adopting from China. It is the date your dossier is officially in their system to be reviewed, approved (hopefully) and matched with a child. All the information they give out is initially related to LID's. You can check out the CCAA's website regularly and find out what LID's they are currently working on. You will also probably travel with other LID's in the same month as yours. So an LID is important.

I think it's great then that CCAI (the adoption agency) helps all us LID months connect. I signed up today with a Yahoo group specifically for November and December 2006. It just seems like such a long way off until we'll get Danielle. It's nice to talk with some of the people we may later meet face to face.

On the flip side, now I'm all excited again. I've been really trying to not think about it much until it gets closer. It's much different than a pregnancy. You watch your belly get bigger and bigger each month. You go in to see the doctor once a month. And you wait for your belly button to pop out like a turkey thermometer so you know the baby is officially done. But with this, we are in the no-man's land of the process. It's pretty much just waiting. There isn't a whole lot to do until you are about to get a match. Most of the running and paperwork is done with your dossier. Then you wait a year. And then you run around getting your Chinese visa and all the paperwork that accompanies a trip like that. I suppose I could be getting ready but there again -- there's only so much you can do until you know her size and needs. It can be very frustrating.

I suppose God is teaching me about patience. I really hate those kind of lessons, at least in the middle of them. I've been struggling with learning to trust him. That's more what its about, I guess. I just have to trust He'll bring me through it. Until then, I may need a lot of prayers. I've got Him to lean on -- I just have to do it. And I think He gave me this group of people who feel exactly the same way for a reason. Maybe to lean on each other occasionally.

No comments: