Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, December 19, 2008

It Just Wouldn't Be Christmas Without.... #5

All this week, I have been posting recipes that "it just wouldn't be Christmas without." For my last one, I have to say that this is the one we always, always have at this time of year. If you remember, I said that everyone has something that lets one and all know that Christmas has arrived at your house. Well, this is ours. Peanut butter balls.

Christmas has not officially arrived until peanut butter balls appear in a tin on the counter. I don't have pictures today because I am making these today. I haven't exactly been on the (peanut butter) ball this year.

I have several times considered covering a pie plate with melted chocolate, mixing up the peanut butter mixture and spreading it in the hardened shell, then covering with melted chocolate. Once it was done it would in effect be a huge peanut butter cup candy. But I haven't tried it yet. I guess I'm a little bit of a coward.

But here is the recipe for them. Maybe you can join me in making them today.

Peanut Butter Balls

1 cup confectioner's sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy both work)
3 Tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
Dipping chocolate or white chocolate

Mix well sugar, peanut butter, and butter or margarine. Shape into 1" balls and place on waxed paper lined cookie sheet. Chill about 30 minutes or until firm. Meanwhile, melt chocolate in microwave in about 1 minute intervals watching closely for burning. Dip balls into chocolate and place on waxed paper to firm. Optional: drizzle white chocolate over chocolate dipped balls or vice versa for effect.

1 comment:

Ann said...

OH YES! VERY yummy!