Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's Tax Time

It occurred to me that we have a neat little tool that not everyone knows about so I thought I'd share. I wanted to let everyone know about Taxslayer. We always get our taxes done, a good refund, and it arrives in about a week or two. It's a program that prepares your taxes and then allows you to e-file both your federal and state taxes for $9.95. That's all it costs you -- to get them prepared and e-filed. We've used it for about the last 4-5 years or so. Never had a problem. We've always gotten our refund quickly -- usually about a week or two.

They always advertised online or by sending a postcard reminder out. This was the first year I've seen a commercial on TV for them and that's only happened once. I assume that's why it costs so little.

We did learn to print our returns after preparing them. They keep copies on file but you have to pay a fee to print older tax returns.

If you go to the site, it has a little demo. In this time of hardship for many, this might help save a little money for some.

2 comments:

happyathome said...

Thanks so much for suggesting that. We have used TurboTax for the last few years but it is much more expensive.

Carol said...

I tagged you over on my blog torussiaandback.blogspot.com

have fun!