Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, August 28, 2009

Issues Part Two

Remember, when I was talking about my travel issues before? Well, Hubby has been gone on a business trip this week and I have realized I may have some sleep issues too. Nothing horrible or bad or weird....

Ok. Maybe weird. It's probably just that I've seen too many scary movies. Maybe Hollywood should give it a rest, you know. Or I could just not watch them. But I'm pretty sure it's Hollywood's fault.

Like the fact that I don't like parts of me hanging out from or over the edge of the bed. I don't honestly believe something is going to reach up and grab my foot or something. Besides, if it had to reach up to grab something that is sticking out from mattress level, how scary could it be? I could stomp on it, right? But I feel very uncomfortable if part of my hand or foot or any other limb is sticking out from the mattress. I really don't like to even hang on to the side of the mattress. Actually, even having my foot out from under the covers and not hanging off the edge bothers me. Hmmm.

Or like the fact that I don't like to put my hands near each over my head when I'm sleeping although it doesn't bother me if I'm on my stomach and they are under my pillow. Actually most of the time when that is the case, one is under the pillow and one is on top. Since I'm baring my neurosis,' I'll even tell you why on that one. Here goes. I always catch myself imagining someone (like Jason or Freddy Krueger) tying them together or grabbing my hands from underneath the mattress or something before they plunge the knife into my gut. I told you it was Hollywood's fault. I guess I believe in my subconscious that I can destroy them like a good scary movie heroine if I have one hand free. Hey. I'm a tough mama, you know. You don't want to mess with me -- all I need is one hand.

Well, now I guess I'd better run (while I can still get away from the men in white you're sending). Thank goodness Hubby is coming back today. He is the balm to my psychosis. My issues are much less prevalent when he's here to protect me from the Jason's and Freddy Krueger's of the world.

No comments: