Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday's Menu

We had another FCH class on Saturday. It was a lot of fun. I had studied for the lesson and compiled everything that we needed. Then about 4 or 5 hours before the class, I realized that I had been looking at the wrong lesson. Oops. So I quickly studied for the new one and it turned out I had pretty much everything we needed. A quick stop at the store took care of the one or two things more we needed on the way.

But I thought I would share this recipe from the FCH book. Since we had everything already, I decided to make it for our life group meal and it went over pretty well.

It is also a nicely variable recipe -- which are my favorite type. It can become a different animal simply by changing the type of sauce and cheese. While it calls for canned biscuits, I imagine you could use home made just as easily (and it would taste better) which also makes me think about other possibilities (like cornbread batter or pancake batter for breakfast ones). I hope this one inspires you to a little experimentation too.

BBQ Cups

1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1 can refrigerator biscuits (10 or 12 count)
3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Brown the ground beef, breaking apart as it cooks. Drain and return to skillet. Mix in sauce. Set aside.
Press each biscuit into the bottom and up the sides of a muffin tin. Spoon meat on top of biscuits in muffin cups. Sprinkle top with cheese.
Bake 12 minutes or until biscuit 'crust' is golden brown.

Her variation (and what we did): Pizza cups - substitute equal amounts of pizza sauce for the barbecue sauce and mozzarella for the cheddar.
Other variations I am thinking of:
Taco cups - season ground beef with taco seasoning, omit barbecue sauce, and sprinkle with a mexican blend cheese (or just the cheddar).
Breakfast cups - substitute sausage for the beef and omit sauce. Use pancake batter or biscuits for the crust.
Creamy cups - substitute cream of chicken (or other) soup for the sauce.

2 comments:

Nancy T said...

I have made these for years. They are so good.

Born Blonde said...

I had never heard of them until FCH.Maybe we should exchange recipe books for a couple weeks. :)