Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Picture Perfect

We had a good trip over the weekend... everything was clear and rain free. I don't believe the dog destroyed anything that didn't belong to us. And I think everyone had a good time.


Although I guess that pic would suggest differently. I swear no one in this picture was forced to attend an insurance seminar.

It's a conundrum. As far as I know, all of Hubby's family LIKES having pictures of their family. But none of them ever wants to TAKE one.

I mean, I understand not liking how you look in a picture. I have yet to have a picture taken of myself that I like. Even my profile pictures are usually cut out pieces of the least objectionable picture I can find. And the first word I thought of when I saw the one above of me is 'horrific.' I look like I'm eating the bottom of my own face. And my cheeks -- was there food in there? -- seriously?!

But their dislike approaches violence. Actually it's less of an approach and more of a deadly stalk.

I truly get the dislike. (Did ya see the picture of me above?) I just figure there are some things you suck it up for. Pictures is one of them, particularly since they are mostly for others. Some of my favorite possessions are the snapshots of my grandparents that I have. I'm sure that my grandchildren may feel the same way some day too.

Pretty soon we'll be traveling again to Arkansas but this time for a visit that will entail a whole family photo. Hubby knew what he was getting into when he married me. My mom is a photographer and loves pictures. I guess I can count that a sign he loves me. He plans to suck it up and strike a pose then. Maybe a professional can do a little better job than I did.

But I'm not attending any insurance seminars!

No comments: