Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sewing Another Tote

I've been carrying the same diaper bag for the Rugrat since she came to us -- that means in China and here in America. Now that we've gotten a little more settled though and gotten to know each other, I've realized that the diaper bag is a little bulky. So I decided to make a smaller one.

In fact, I decided to use the same tote bag tutorial I used for this one. It is just right for holding her snack, her 'necessaries,' and a small toy or maybe a bib or the like. I love that the bright orange liner matches the poopy clutch I made a while back too.

On the bag I made previously, I decided to forgo the ribbon accent. I had planned to do that as well on this one but then I thought I would just see what I had in my ribbon box. This one caught my eye and, when I held it up to the bag, I just thought it worked.

Also, if you look closely, you may become witness to my very first adventure with magnetic snaps. I've never used them before but I don't know why. They were ridiculously easy.

I had to make a trip to Hancocks to grab some denim for the bag (I had it in my head that I wanted denim for the bottom) and fabric for another project. I happened to think to ask if they had any. And since I thought to ask, they were kind enough to have them on sale for $1.39 a package. Woo hoo!

I'm really happy with how this turned out. In fact, she may lose it to me. After all, it would make a pretty cute purse too.

Right?