Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, February 24, 2012

Noggin Knockin'

I remember a certain age that Dude had reached (or should I say height) when we couldn't get from car to store without him knocking his noggin on somebody's side mirror in the parking lot. It happened multiple times. I think he may have just stopped complaining about it when it happened because it was so frequent.

Last weekend, when shopping for a dining room set, Rugrat went running for her Baba to get back into the van. She wasn't paying attention and slammed right into the edge of the door (not a mirror yet).

She usually doesn't get upset much over falling or hurting herself. I could probably count on my fingers the times I've consoled her over injury, either to her body or her pride. But she did a good job of it this time.

She had a bump at the end of the day but no bruising so I figured all was well. Then on Monday, she reached up to touch her forehead and gave a pronounced, "ooowww." Then she informed me: "Hit on blue van door. Hurt."

When I looked closely, I saw that a bruise had indeed appeared.

I guess this marks her first big 'owwie' with us. Hopefully they'll never be any more serious than this one. :)

No comments: