Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, August 30, 2013

Road Trip

We will be heading to my mom's house today for a visit on this long weekend. I am looking forward to it.

Rugrat is still awaiting approval from the virtual school. I have been tempted several times to go ahead and take her out so we can get started using curriculum I have found online but I have held back. I see no progress as yet from being there.

Last night, she had homework. The first two things had to do with practicing writing which is what I would expect from kindergarten. Everything else was either reading words like 'green' and 'yellow' or using words. She barely knows the sounds the letters make and not all of those. I find it hard to believe that after 5 days they expect her to be reading small words.

What I do believe is that if I am going to be the one teaching her anyway through her homework, I might as well cut out the middle man and do the whole thing.

As the great philosopher sang though, "The waiting is the hardest part..."


No comments: