Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

2013 Girls' Weekend

 One of the traditions my Mom started when we moved closer (read: Oklahoma) was a girls' weekend. My mom, I, Chick, Rugrat, and my sister-in-law all make our way to a fun place and spend the weekend together.


It usually involves a lot of shopping, eating, and a show. This year we visited Branson, MO again.




It's always a lot of fun, if for no other reason than that we get to hang out together. This year was no exception.

I especially enjoyed the show. We went to the Sights and Sounds Theater for "The Miracle of Christmas." As usual with such things, they crowded the ending (the trip to Bethlehem, Jesus' birth, the wise men coming) all together which is a little unlike the Bible from what I've read but I still really enjoyed it. And I would definitely recommend it to anyone going up there.

On a side note: we all found ourselves very curious to see the next show coming up -- Jonah -- if only to see how they do it exactly.

Rugrat fought tears as we left on Sunday. It always seems just a little too short. I'm already looking forward to the next one.


No comments: