Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, February 20, 2014

It Actually Works!

I've noticed several blog/Pinterest posts about regrowing your lettuce in a cup on your window sill. I thought I'd give it a try with some lettuce I had in the fridge.

It says to use organic because traditionally grown lettuce won't do it with all the pesticides, etc. (Duh!)  Fortunately, the lettuce I had was from Sprouts (a health food store) so even though it wasn't certified USDA organic, it was pretty close since they only allow certain things in their store.

Guess what. It actually works!


You start to see results pretty quickly. I saw a little ridge forming by the next day. It takes a while after that to get enough for, say, a salad but it's a neat thing to watch.

I've been giving it fresh water every day although I think you only have to every other day. But if I do it every morning, it's easier to remember.

So, pretty soon, I'm looking forward to 'harvesting' my regrown lettuce and starting all over again. How cool is that!

Here's the how to if you want to try it.

No comments: