Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Cat-Dog

I have determined that we did not get a cat from the shelter a couple months ago. I am fairly certain we got an orange dog that looks like a cat.

She is unlike any cat we've owned as a couple yet. Which basically means any cat I've ever owned.

But that's okay because I'm pretty sure she is a dog.

For example, she seeks us out to get petted on. No cat I've known or heard of does that - at least not with the several times a day frequency that she does. The dog doesn't even ask to be petted or cuddled as much as she does.

She will even WAKE ME UP in the middle of the night to get attention. Anyone who knows me just said, "oh no!" in a deep scared voice. I need my sleep.

She also will push her nose under the edge of your hand to get you to pet her. Only dogs do that, right?

She will crawl into your lap to get petted and go to sleep on it.

She chases balls and carries them around in her mouth.

She likes to sleep at my feet when I'm in bed.

She DROOLS when you pet her.

She begs for our food (I know all animals probably do that until they are taught better but still).

She chews shoes. grrr

And the mother of all of them: I caught her drinking out of the toilet yesterday. Our dog doesn't even do that.

I think Rocky has decided that she must have some dog in her too. They play a strange game of tag where they take turns chasing each other. First he'll chase her into the living room, then she'll chase him into the hall. Then they switch and do it again. I have to admit it's pretty funny to watch.

I guess we chose well when we picked her. She fits right in with our weirdo family.

No comments: