Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, June 3, 2022

Sundae (or Any Day) Bar

 On Memorial Day, Hubby grilled up some steaks for us and we threw some frozen french fries in the oven. Purchased after he suggested there was no need for me to cook anything elaborate. Rugrat doesn't care for steak so she dug out some leftover Honey Chicken and Rice to eat then helped us with the fries.


But as we had been out and about that morning, Hubby jokingly asked if I would rather have something from Braum's (a hamburger and ice cream place with an attached market). Of course not! Steak was what I wanted.


As we passed by them, he asked if I wanted one of the banana splits they were advertising on their sign. Um, no.


But I kept thinking about banana splits the rest of the morning. That did sound kind of good. So while the fries were cooking up, I put together a sundae bar.


First, I made some hot fudge. Recipe here. Then I mixed up some caramel sauce. Recipe here. After that, I put together some whipped cream. Recipe below. About the time that was nearly done, so was our meal. 


Yep. It's that fast to make. And no weird ingredients or strange chemical names. Simple, easy stuff that is seriously much better tasting. Not to mention -- a whole lot faster than a trip to Walmart.


Whipped Cream

Seriously. Don't make this harder than it is. While chilling the beaters and the bowl are nice, I can only remember having done that once or twice. I just don't let anything sit out until or get too warm and I haven't ever had any problems.


1 cup heavy whipping cream

2 Tablespoons sugar


Mix together in bowl of a stand mixer and whip at high speed until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate leftovers.



No comments: