Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Peek Inside My Head -- Now That's Scary

Isn't it funny how the mind works? One of my biggest fears is being home alone thinking I'm safe because I don't know about the scary guy hiding in one of the bedrooms waiting to pounce. I'm sure that is a development that has its foundation in the scary movies we watch. Today I came home from the Mart of Wal, and while putting away my things, I heard a bump. It sounded like it came from one of the children's bedrooms. So of course I went to investigate.

Approximately 4 steps from the door, I paused as a voice in my head yelled, "Don't do it. Isn't that what you always yell at people in scary movies for doing?" Yes, why, yes it is. Hmmm. Well, that's quite a conundrum, to be standing in pause at a door that might contain a Mr. Creepy on the other side. So I reasoned it out. After all, if there is a noise, it had to be the cat. And since those people always look for the source of the noise, how can there be a Mr. Creepy if I already know the source of the noise -- that being the cat. Yeah, buddy. I've got this figured out.

But just for good measure, I called out the cat's name. I didn't open the door though. Instead I checked the one door I had opened at some point that day. No Mr. Creepy yet. I did however find the cat -- sleeping on a chair in the dining room but by this time my fears had diminished so I was no longer concerned. And now I'll let you go check your house for creepies. Besides I am sure you cannot take any more of my stunning logic.

No comments: