Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Peek Inside My Head -- Now That's Scary

Isn't it funny how the mind works? One of my biggest fears is being home alone thinking I'm safe because I don't know about the scary guy hiding in one of the bedrooms waiting to pounce. I'm sure that is a development that has its foundation in the scary movies we watch. Today I came home from the Mart of Wal, and while putting away my things, I heard a bump. It sounded like it came from one of the children's bedrooms. So of course I went to investigate.

Approximately 4 steps from the door, I paused as a voice in my head yelled, "Don't do it. Isn't that what you always yell at people in scary movies for doing?" Yes, why, yes it is. Hmmm. Well, that's quite a conundrum, to be standing in pause at a door that might contain a Mr. Creepy on the other side. So I reasoned it out. After all, if there is a noise, it had to be the cat. And since those people always look for the source of the noise, how can there be a Mr. Creepy if I already know the source of the noise -- that being the cat. Yeah, buddy. I've got this figured out.

But just for good measure, I called out the cat's name. I didn't open the door though. Instead I checked the one door I had opened at some point that day. No Mr. Creepy yet. I did however find the cat -- sleeping on a chair in the dining room but by this time my fears had diminished so I was no longer concerned. And now I'll let you go check your house for creepies. Besides I am sure you cannot take any more of my stunning logic.

No comments: