Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday Meal

I just got back from Ladies Retreat and I'm tired. So this is going to be short and sweet. Take a look at the recipe. Did I lie?

I just sent out a new batch of squishes for January. The theme was 'sweets for the sweet' and I was going to do Lemon Bars. We were supposed to send a recipe with it. Well, I found this cute fabric with these bright lemons all over it and got ready to make the wishes and BAM! I looked at the one squish I had already received and the recipe was for Lemon Lovenotes -- which is a pretty way to say Lemon Bars. Hmph. So I went for something else that was citrus -- Key Lime Pie. Enjoy.

Key Lime Pie

1 10 inch graham cracker pie crust
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup key lime (or other lime too) juice
1 16 oz. pkg. whipped topping

Mix together milk and lime juice. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into crust. Refrigerate at least one hour before serving. Yummmm!



If you need a graham cracker crust recipe, here you go. I will say however that this almost always makes too much graham cracker stuff so feel free to scale down your crumbs.

Graham Cracker Crust

1 1/2 cups graham cracker (or chocolate wafer) crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
6 Tablespoons butter or margarine

What I do is put the butter in the pie plate and put it in the microwave or oven to melt. Then mix together the crumbs and sugar. Add to the butter turning it to blend them. Then press the mixture up the sides of the pie plate and into the bottom. Chill it or bake in it.

1 comment:

bekster said...

Wow, that DOES look easy. I had no idea it was that simple. For the crust, I assume you are using a glass dish and not an aluminum one, as aluminum would not do so well in the microwave...