Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Good Feeling

I wore myself out yesterday working in the yard. I felt very productive though. By lunch, I had raked the leaves and trimmed the bushes -- while washing two loads of laundry and making bread which I then braided and sprinkled with oats and drizzled with honey.

I was overcome by the feeling of satisfaction that accompanies doing tasks like that taking care of my home. Down to Earth talks a lot about homemaking and the simple satisfaction that comes from taking care of your home. Here's one post that I remember enjoying. And if you have time or need some encouragement as a homemaker, her blog is a good place to begin.

I just remember telling God thank you for creating that feeling. It was nice to be at home and feel like I had made a worthwhile contribution to my family yesterday. I am amazed sometimes by God's thoughtfulness in giving us those kinds of feelings. It shows His care for us and in creating us to me. And it makes me even more thankful that He is my God.

No comments: