Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, April 16, 2010

The Sky Is Falling

As I mentioned yesterday, we have a new roof going on today. Rocky is sure the world is coming to an end. He also believes that it started its decline yesterday.

They were to deliver the shingles after noon yesterday. I was also expecting the pest control man as well so I was afraid I wouldn't get a chance to go to grocery store. I headed out and left a note on the door just in case. I pulled back in my yard at 12:05 to discover the shingles had made it there and they were already on the roof laying the packages out for the crew today.

I greeted the man in charge and headed inside. Rocky was in his crate and quiet as a church mouse. In the few seconds it took me to get to him, I heard banging and knocking from the men on the roof. I let him out and HE WAS FREAKED.

He ran through every room barking at the ceiling. I finally carried him outside and showed him the men on the roof but it didn't help. He was just more freaked out.

When I tried to put away my groceries, he stayed right next to me. He would bark at a noise and then run and hide behind my legs. I told Hubby I had quite the protector!

When finally they finished and left, he was still scared. If I was sitting, he wanted in my lap. The first time I needed to get up, I was almost perpendicular to the floor before he finally gave up and got off of me.

And now, today, as the sky is once again sure to fall, he sits in my lap even as I type this. He is not enjoying getting a new roof at all.

No comments: