Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Tree Squared

Monday was my last official day of work at Blockbuster. My boss usually works with me on Mondays and he has a quirky sense of humor (kind of like mine). He had a card from everyone waiting for me and a Christmas gift from him.

One of the things it contained was this nifty little Christmas tree kit. He knew we really couldn't put up a tree this year with everything crazy like it is so he got me one that I could put up. It stands about 15 inches tall. It isn't any old paper tree either. The detail is very elaborate. And its really pretty too.

I feel blessed to have worked at that store. I have had two managers with wonderful hearts whom I consider good friends. I will miss getting to enjoy their company for a few hours each week working together as a team. I thought losing Stacey (my first manager) would mean I wouldn't work there much longer. While I didn't, as it so happened, my new manager is not someone I minded working for at all.

And while he laughed off this paper tree, it really touched me that he chose to give such a thoughtful and considerate gift. I really hope for the best for him.

It occurs to me that on this year, when I lamented not being able to decorate for Christmas, God has provided not one but two Christmas trees for me -- both with a special meaning. How great and loving is my God!

No comments: