Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, December 3, 2010

Not So Extreme Home Makeover but Pretty Good

As of yesterday morning our home looked like this. Our before picture:

What is not readily visible is the big dirt pile from grinding a tree stump in the middle of the front yard. Nor can you really see all the weeds and growth under the bushes or along the walk.

After yesterday's visit from a friend who owns a landscaping company, it looked like this:

Mainly, it just looks neater, edged, trimmed, etc. But my 'beds' were pretty awful and he filled them with plantings and mulched. It's a huge difference even though you can't really tell it in the pictures.

I am not creative at all with landscaping. Despite my overactive stubborn tomatoes, I really can't get much to grow either. Particularly if it requires more than watering once a week.

I have no talent for creating a plan for the yard or the beds nor did I know or recognize even half the plant names he threw at me on his eval visit. Eventually, he took me at my word that I didn't know anything about it. I think he may have thought I was being humble at first.

Now -- my only fear is that I'll have to figure out how to maintain it before the house sells. He may have to visit again.

No comments: