Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday's Menu

I saw today's recipe on the Kraft site and it looked so good I immediately printed it out for trying later. That's not something I usually do unless it looks REALLY good. If I did, I would probably have piles of things to try that I'd never get to.

The foundation is a brownie. You can use a mix and put it in a 13x9 pan or you can make some from scratch. I used an old recipe for fudgy brownies but I think it would have been better to have used a more cake-like brownie recipe.

However, the most important thing is to get this layer thin-ish. I didn't. I would have liked it better if I had used a single batch and spread it out in a 13x9 pan (the recipe amounts are intended to be cooked in an 8x8 pan) rather than doubling it for the 13x9 like I did.

Other than that, these are pretty awesome. Try it out.


I cut the brownie layer in half on this one. This is more like the thickness should be in my opinion.


Triple-Layer Peanut Butter Brownies

1 pkg brownie mix or 1 recipe brownies baked in 13x9 pan
1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) vanilla flavor instant pudding
1 cup milk
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups whipped topping, frozen
3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate (approx. 1/2 cup chips)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped peanuts

Prepare and cool brownies completely. Beat together pudding mix and milk until smooth. Add peanut butter and sugar; mix well. Refrigerate, if necessary, while brownies are cooling.

Spread peanut butter layer over brownies.

Microwave whipped topping and chocolate about 1 minute, stirring frequently. Chocolate chips may take slightly longer. Be careful not to burn it. When smooth and combined, spread over pudding layer. Top with nuts if desired. Refrigerate 1 hour.

No comments: