Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday's Menu

I saw today's recipe on the Kraft site and it looked so good I immediately printed it out for trying later. That's not something I usually do unless it looks REALLY good. If I did, I would probably have piles of things to try that I'd never get to.

The foundation is a brownie. You can use a mix and put it in a 13x9 pan or you can make some from scratch. I used an old recipe for fudgy brownies but I think it would have been better to have used a more cake-like brownie recipe.

However, the most important thing is to get this layer thin-ish. I didn't. I would have liked it better if I had used a single batch and spread it out in a 13x9 pan (the recipe amounts are intended to be cooked in an 8x8 pan) rather than doubling it for the 13x9 like I did.

Other than that, these are pretty awesome. Try it out.


I cut the brownie layer in half on this one. This is more like the thickness should be in my opinion.


Triple-Layer Peanut Butter Brownies

1 pkg brownie mix or 1 recipe brownies baked in 13x9 pan
1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) vanilla flavor instant pudding
1 cup milk
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups whipped topping, frozen
3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate (approx. 1/2 cup chips)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped peanuts

Prepare and cool brownies completely. Beat together pudding mix and milk until smooth. Add peanut butter and sugar; mix well. Refrigerate, if necessary, while brownies are cooling.

Spread peanut butter layer over brownies.

Microwave whipped topping and chocolate about 1 minute, stirring frequently. Chocolate chips may take slightly longer. Be careful not to burn it. When smooth and combined, spread over pudding layer. Top with nuts if desired. Refrigerate 1 hour.

No comments: