Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Big Doll #3

 Last Saturday, we went out to check out the Neighborhood Garage Sale going on in a subdivision a couple of blocks over from us. It was rainy though and we weren't really into it. Neither were the sellers.

As it turned out, we only one thing despite checking out several all throughout the neighborhood. That was a "big doll" that Rugrat found at one. I looked up the brand name later and found out that it was an Our Generation doll -- Target's knockoff of American Girls. Works for us.

Unfortunately, her hair was a M-E-S-S. Two little braids that hung from the front of her head had survived but everything else was pretty tangled. I went ahead and took down her two little braids and got ready to do a Downy Dunk.

If you don't remember, I discovered Downy Dunking when trying to untangle the other two dolls' hair. You don't actually have to use a specific name brand of fabric softener. Any will do. Mine was a Dollar Tree fabric softener.

This time, however, I remembered to take pictures. Here she is getting ready for treatment (her first blonde big doll):




You can see just how tangled it is. The kinky parts are where the two little braids were.

I got to work with a good tv show going to work by. Here she is with half done.



I always prefer to stand them up overnight to dry. That way, they aren't lying on it and it all dries hanging down too.

The next day, I just ran a brush through the now dry, untangled hair and here it is:


The next step, in my opinion, is to prevent further tangles. I always think the little clear rubber bands they put on doll hair for packaging look much better than what I have available.

Then one day it occurred to me to buy some of the tiny little bright colored rubber bands in the ethnic section. They are so small that they work perfectly for doll hair too. I would have preferred clear but didn't see those until a day or two after I bought the colorful ones. Oh well.


And here she is with her cute little braids that will prevent or, at the very least, reduce the tangles she'll get while Rugrat is loving on her.



So there you have it. Pictures of the Downy Dunk in action.

No comments: